People Driven Innovation
Innovation and reliability are often natural enemies. Not at Burton.
As we help electronics manufacturers innovate to meet the demands of shortened product lifecycles and reduced manufacturing costs, we never compromise product quality and reliable performance in the field.
We listen. We ask questions. Then working closely with our customers, the Burton team recommends and implements bold new strategies for improved testing, DFM, PLM, and NPI.
Burton treats every project as a new opportunity to innovate.
Our veteran engineering team knows that when it comes to solving complex problems, there are no cookie-cutter solutions. Burton treats every project as a new opportunity to innovate.
Our team will help you navigate the increasingly complex development requirements. We even offer full life-cycle management that instills a disciplined, data-tracking approach to cost savings and defect prevention.
design & engineering capabilities
- Design for manufacturability (DFM)
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) recommendations
- Testing development
- Product and PCB design
- PWB layout
- Component selection assistance (alternative sourcing)
Whether you’re already a Burton customer, or considering working with us for the first time, we encourage you to contact us at 906-767-6266.
We won’t rest until your product performs perfectly.
To develop the most cost-effective test and inspection strategy for your product, we partner with your design and engineering teams. Using a mix of proven approaches and state-of-the-art technology testing equipment, we won’t rest until your product performs perfectly. Burton can also integrate device programming and final pack-out into your testing process.
- In-circuit test, programming/fixture development
- Functional test system development
- Software development
- Design for Testability (DFT) analysis
- X-Ray inspection
- Automated device programming
- RMA analysis
- Failure analysis
- Automated Optical Inspection
- Burn-in and product validation support
- Customer technical support/on-site support
- Equipment calibration/preventative maintenance
- Flying probe
For any OEM, choosing the right electronic contract manufacturer is critical.
You should be 100% confident in the people, facilities, capabilities and technologies of the EMS supplier you choose. EMS companies also come in all shapes, sizes and business models. Some EMS suppliers are offshore, while others are committed to domestic production and growing the American electronics industry.
At Burton, we understand that every customer, every project and every industry is different, with unique designs, standards and requirements.
Here’s why Burton is your best choice for outsourcing EMS:
- 100% of our customers come back
- We assemble and ship everything from our facilities in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- Our location allows us to pass along lower operating costs to our customers
- As a family-owned EMS, transparency and people are a priority
- Our reliable workforce and high employee retention means we’re staffed to deliver
- 40+ year track record of reliably delivering high-mix orders to customers that require high-mix orders
- We scale quickly and meet the tightest turnaround times
To learn more about the value Burton can bring to your company, please contact us at 906-767-6266.
New Product Introduction (NPI)
Burton can take you seamlessly from prototype to production.
Launching a new product? From the start, our focus is on finding cost-effective solutions that never sacrifice quality or reliability.
As a Burton customer, you’ll work with our veteran design and engineering teams. With decades of experience in both prototype engineering and volume production, we’ll confidently guide your new product from quick-turn prototype to volume production.
Planning an NPI? Burton can support you with:
- Quick turn prototypes and times based on the project requirements
- Robust and flexible engineering change order management
- Sourcing and procurement
- Product documentation
- Component engineering
- Pre- and post-analysis
- Manufacturability assessment
- DFM for quality
- Expeditated transition to full production
- A full EMS team
Case Study: Onshore vs Offshore
The customer challenge: An OEM of a high-end, high-quality consumer product was experiencing pricing pressure from offshore competitors. Moving manufacturing offshore seemed to be the only viable option. Or was it?
The Burton approach: Our engineering team uncovered ways to reduce material, production and logistic costs. We devised a new rapid response production strategy with the flexibility to adjust for seasonal spikes in demand. We provided a one-stop solution that supports repair depot activities for warranty and out-of-warranty units. And Burton continues to build the customer’s complete product, optimizing their supply chain management and minimizing test equipment costs. We also support their fulfillment—our Kanban stocking program allows us to rapidly increase supply whenever demand spikes at Retail.
The result: With a product still proudly “Made in the USA”, this Burton customer creates confidence and pride with their customers. And we’re able to scale their deliveries without jeopardizing quality.